WELCOME TO THE INSTITUTE OF NEUROTRANSMITTER SCIENCE!
The focus of The Institute is the neurotransmitter system and it’s role in health. We specifically concentrate on normalizing neurotransmitter function using amino acid and nutrient supplementation to reverse relative nutritional deficiencies.
This approach is based on scientific peer reviewed research, and has a supporting database of over two million patient days of treatment at the time of this writing. This unique approach was first developed by Dr. Mary Hinz with laboratory analysis support from Dr. Tom Uncini. Currently, the core research and training team consists of Dr. Marty Hinz, Dr. Alvin Stein, and Dr. Ted Cole.
If you are a patient and are interested in using this approach to maximize your health, visit our Certified Practitioner page or email The Institute for a referral.
If you are a health care practitioner, then you have come to the correct site to begin training to become an expert in neurotransmitter therapy.
The Institute is the source for the best training program in the world regarding the clinical application of amino acids to normalize neurotransmitter function. I believe that this is one of the most potent health enhancing approaches available today. This program covers a multitude of areas, including:
- Understanding of the OCT2 transporter
- Biochemistry of the amino acid precursors and neurotransmitters
- Understanding the DBS neurotransmitter report
- Biochemistry and repair of the methylation system
- Relative nutritional deficiencies (RND) and their impact on health
- Conditions associated with RND and the role of amino acid supplementation to reverse RND
- Nature of competitive inhibition versus endogenous states
- Treatment protocols for different OCT2 configurations
- Dealing with complications and side effects
- Competency in treating RND’s with amino acid therapy
- Proper testing for neurotransmitter levels and OCT2 function
- The role of toxins and how to support detoxification pathways
The neurotransmitter system and its relation to:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Hormone Disorders
- And many more…
Discussions include the effects of the neurotransmitter system on:
- And others…
The information in this program is based upon peer reviewed science and extensive clinical experience. If you are interested in becoming part of the next training program, please proceed to the REGISTER page. We welcome those with a thirst for knowledge who have the desire to improve the lives of their patients by providing the most comprehensive approach to amino acid therapy as applied to the neurotransmitter system in the world.